Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Bridge - The Bridge (1971 Canada Psych Rock)

Bridge answer the question, for anyone who wishes to know, what happened to the Canadian band David after their lone record on Sound Canada in the late 60s. Guitarist Francis Webster, bassist John Webster, and drummer Tony Lecallion from David make up Bridge who recorded this ultra obscure and rare record at the same Sound Canada studios in 1971. Next to each song is a brief description of the musical genre of each ranging from "Ego Trip" to "Country" to "jazz shuffle." What this album is differs drastically from what you'd expect from David. The best way to describe Bridge's album would be "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" on tons of acid! There is no fuzz guitar, but a clean westcoast shimmering tone on all tracks, bizarre vocal effects on the tripped out "It's My Life" and plenty of weirdness present for the whole album. The tracks that are labeled "Country" all have a strange bent to them despite being early back-to-the-roots country rock influenced by Graham Parsons and "real" country artists like Hank Williams. The long "Ego Trip" version of Little Richard's "You're My Girl" is great fun and the only good version I've heard of one of his songs. There is something here very enjoyable for anyone looking for a bizarre twisted record of fun music, especially "Brand New Day" with echoes of Spirit and a bit of Freeborne. Very rare and a good one. - Ben Blake Mitchner

Its pretty nice rare album released on Vintage Records
If someone have more info dont hesitate to send it to comments

You're My Girl

Thanks to Tim and Ivan

12 comments:

Belan Richárd said...

http://rarme.com/?eSzzy

Anonymous said...

Thanx for this post .but could you post the trackslistings.

Belan Richárd said...

sorry dont have the tracklisting but why to everyone is so important the tracklist :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe the tracklist is important to confirm if is not a fake album...

Belan Richárd said...

i think on prog not frog are no FAKE albums

Anonymous said...

how we could know without covers or tracklist? We must trust and believe in the blog owner words. We must believe in these rips that blows between the frog legs!

Belan Richárd said...

I think here tracklist dont help tracks i can easily edit and it still can be FAKE album there just covers helps
But tracks have to have names as:
Sweetheart Of The Rodeo
It's My Life
You're My Girl
Brand New Day

Anonymous said...

1 I Had It But I Lost It
2 It's My Life
3 Ain't My Day
4 Simple Blues Form
5 Running Away
6 Brand New Day
7 You're My Girl
8 Born To The Country
9 Barnyard

That's the track listing if anyone is interested

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post, only info I could find on this LP (other than past sales on Popsike - it seems to get between $50 and $200). Got a sealed one at a garage sale today for $1!

Anonymous said...

if you see one released on EREBUS records it is an unofficial re-release, the band never recieved any money. Another "Radioactive records" scam by James Plummer who was just sued by the Hendrix estate. My father was in this band. I still have some original copies, contact me if anybody is interested, adam.j.w.webster@facebook.com and avoid records released under labels radioactive, fallout, erebus, and pheonix and i'm sure there are more...

bob said...

nice to here it again especially dad on the bass

Do©to®Dennis™ said...

SOURCE
http://www.canadianbands.com/Bridge.html
TRACKLIST
BRIDGE (1971)
01- I Had It But I Lost It
02- It's My Life
03- Ain't My Day
04- Simple Blues Form
05- Running Away
06- Brand New Day
07- You're My Girl
08- Born To The Country
09- Barnyard

Post a Comment