The exploration of the mysterious garden just led on and on until the summer of 1996, when after a lot of postponing on the record company’s side, the CD was finally released. This actually meant that APM was putting out an album by a constellation now decimated to what had almost become a one man band! The Garden of Mysteries was received from critical fanfare by an overwhelming response even though it was advertantly admitted that the concept of ITL did not exactly fit in with the “orthodox” definition of progressive rock. More info ... http://www.inthelabyrinth.com/CD-GardenOfMysteries.html
IN THE LABYRINTH is an experimental musical project based in Stockholm, Sweden and is led by Peter LINDAHL. The main concern is to mix a wide array of styles to create a symbiosis quite unlike most music heard of today. You could define it as progressive rock with a strong ethnical element, almost like an early PINK FLOYD with both classical and oriental overtones.Three CDs and various compilation tracks have been released so far. The texture of these is mostly mysterious and melancholy, often broadened by rich arrangements that feature diverse instrumentation and sometimes vocals. There is an emphasis put on beauty but also on the haunting and the desolate. "Dryad" (2002) is the third album by this band, after "Garden Of Mysteries" & "Walking On Clouds". It took almost eight years to create this little masterpiece, and now, everyone can notice that the wait was truly worth it ! http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=451
01. Gates of Andorak (3:51)
02. Karakoram Pass (3:10)
03. Escape From Canaan (4:10)
04. Hiram Abiff (3:40)
05. Kekova (The Sunken City) (3:03)
06. Ali Hasan (4:07)
07. Aslan (2:28)
08. Meditating Minotauros (4:34)
09. The Garden of Mysteries II (3:00)
10. Monsoon (2:54)
11. Andalucy (2:31)
12. Journey to Hel (4:49)
13. Moorish Waltz (2:31)
14. Trans Turkish Express (2:36)
15. Aral (5:49)
16. Moorish Waltz (2:31)
17. Desert Visions (2:08)
18. Ya Qader (3:00)
19. The Garden of Mysteries I (1:40)
20. La Dame Inconnue (2:00)
21. Almeria (4:50)
22. Palm-Cat (2:47)
- Peter Lindahl: Mellotron, Fender Stratocaster, saz, zither, acoustic guitars, bass, mandolin, samplers and synthesizers, melodion, viola da gamba, flutes, woodwinds, oriental and western percussion (darbouka, daf, tambourine, etc), tamboura, sound effects, vocals, background harmonies and narration.
- Helena Selander: Background harmonies and vocal improvisation.
- Ulf Hansson: Darbouka & Egyptian tabla.
- Mikael Gejel: Flutes, acoustic guitar, bass, synthesizers and samplers, tamboura, percussion, background harmonies and jojk.
- Karin Langhard-Gejel: Djembe, flute and background harmonies.
- Stefan Ottman: Narration.
- Helena Jacobssen: Background harmonies nad vocal improvisation.
06. Ali Hasan ...
09. The garden of mysteries II ...
10. Monsoon ...
Link for download "In The Labyrinth - The Garden Of Mysteries" in comments ...