Saturday, December 29, 2012

Musik Szene Saar II (Germ., 1981)


Back when the growing bin blog was going strong with beautiful german and other seventies albums, one of my favourites posted was discobasso's Musik Szene Saar I album, which you can read here:
http://thegrowingbin.blogspot.ca/2011/02/musik-szene-saar.html
I can't believe this was already almost 2 years ago!

It was a very uneven recording, but there were some really gorgeously progressive tracks on it that really blew me away.  I didn't know there was a second one from a year later until it was featured for sale on his record store site.
For me the best tracks are from the soul-rock group Double You, which according to rateyourmusic and discogs never did a full album, and the folk quartet Ambi and Arno, same story, no record according to those sites, just the tracks on these two compilations.  If this is true and complete, it's tragic these talented groups never got to record albums.

Then there was just a shockingly RIO-esque prog number by Wolfgang Brendel with the most awesome dissonances and tritones.  This guy unfortunately doesn't appear on this second record.
http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/wolfgang_brendel

Needless to say, the second edition is not as good as the first, but I had to get it out of curiosity.  It's quite possible most will not enjoy it so much, other than the true german rock music fans, of which I'm a big one.  But every once in a while a true gem appears from that period, in that country, that is completely unknown, so the search goes on.... 

The best track to me is from the hard rock band called Lancelot, their track 9, Danger in Sky, I feature here:








5 comments:

Tristan Stefan said...

http://depositfiles.com/files/vi07l2ben

kimon said...

Happy new year,my best wishes for you and your family

DutchPrivatePressings said...

Thanks very much. I wish you a musical and healthy 2013.

Mr. Banstead said...

Tristan,
Thanks for all the great albums you've shared.
Here's my rip of the self-titled 1983 LP by the group Zen Attack.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lmku0q
It's in MP3 format @320.

Anonymous said...

please new link... thanks

Post a Comment