Saturday, February 23, 2013

Compromis - Een Jobstijding (Neth, 1981)


I really love the cover of this record, which I'm pretty sure must be from a work by Gustave Doré, famous for his wood engravings.  Here you can get an idea of what I mean: http://dore.artpassions.net/   The choice and the drama of the unseen hands attempting to kidnap the baby from the mother are so incredibly evocative.  How often have I mentioned the importance of covers!
The music is very reminiscent to me of the Natdamperen material I posted so long ago now on this website, it could just as well be a fourth N. album, with fusiony jazz-jamming and raw laryngitis-like sax melodies.  It even has the same lo-fi 4-track basement-recording sound to it.  Most of the compositions are by the keyboardist, Ronald Buijk.

10 comments:

Tristan Stefan said...

mp3

http://netkups.com/?d=0175b15b2384c
flac up soon

Tristan Stefan said...

http://depositfiles.com/files/jvtewy3z2

Crazy B said...

such a luck! thank you very much. i was searching this album for a long time. i had only one song but was bad quality. now is super clean because of you. respect

uros said...

Very ingenious and blown up playing of saxofon. And also must be mentioned tasteful fender rhodes playing. Thanks again Tristan Stefan for bringing to our ears something new and unknown!

Hans von Meijenfeldt said...

Thanks for this! My brother plays the bass on this one, and I made the photos on the back of this cover...

Tristan Stefan said...

wow!! perhaps you can tell us then where the cover came from?

Anonymous said...

It was the saxophone player who chose the image, since he was the art director of a Dutch weekly magazine. I am afraid I can't tell you where he got the image, but I may be able to find out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot! Really great LP. I am looking forward to dig deeper into your blog!

peskypesky said...

Thank you once again for sharing the cool and obscure music!!! So much better than the fecal matter that is popular music today.

Tristan Stefan said...

lol

Post a Comment